God's Faithfulness to Hear

The other day I went on a walk and I prayed. I prayed that God would bring back one of my students that had been MIA for over a week. I prayed that she was safe and that He would take care of her. That day at Open Kennel she walked through the doors. 

God is faithful to prayer and faithful to respond when we ask, even if it is not in the manner we expect. Though there were troubles in the past weeks He brought my student back to our youth center safely, and we were able to rely on His faithfulness again as we prayed for her family and the troubles of her situation. 

God has also been faithful with our programming here on the rez. Last week we had 14 girls at Bible Study. In addition to the girls there were probably 10 guys, our largest number of students to date. We got to meet with the girls as female staff and talk them through Exodus 30, a really awkward chapter. But even though the chapter is full of cubits and regulations we were able to talk about the truth of Jesus, of the transformation from death to life, of the intimacy we can have with Him when we come to Him in reverence and respect. It was awesome. I loved answering their questions and talking through the chapter together, as even I learned more about its purpose, reading it through carefully and asking God for wisdom. 

I love the joy that one of my other students brings. I love hugs and she embraces that...literally! I love that I can immediately call her and the other girls out on their "romantic" relationships, and I'm pretty sure that they secretly love my prying. Nothing gets past me, and I use this talent to talk about important issues such as boundaries and God’s purpose for relationships. From day one this one student and I have bonded and she is like a breath of fresh air. I am so blessed by her. 

This work is not without worry. Like a mother hen these girls are my chickies and I would do anything for them. I worry about them, I want them to do well in school, and I want to take care of them. But like we told our girls the other night, when you have the faith to believe, God will honor that. So I place these chickies in the hands of my Father, having faith that just the whisper of his thoughts can change their lives. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce