Let's Be Happy!

Perhaps you find this blog to be simply a series of ups and downs, highs and lows. Perhaps you are thinking, "Wow Meredith. One day you are all mad and stuff and the next day you are all cheery. What's up with that?" Or maybe you aren't thinking that at all, who knows.

But it actually is kind of true. The highs are high, the lows are low, and all the stuff in the middle (which is most days) is too boring and you wouldn't read it. So you get the good and the bad and I keep all the normal days to myself. But that's ok. This is the journey we are on together and I like that.

So this post is a happy post (to combat the relatively unhappy post of last week). This post is going to be about glorifying the God who loves us more than we ever could deserve. And I can never write about that enough (even if you get tired of reading it).

For example, let's start with this:

Last week God brought 3 new volunteers to the Kennel. . . who we had never even met before. They had simply found out about AYM and wanted to help. Seriously?? It's true guys, it happened.

Ok, what about this:

Last semester we averaged 7 kids at our after-school program Unleashed. We took out all the fluff and made time productive. Kids weren't too thrilled. This semester we are averaging 10-11 kids a day. We increased our kid count in just one semester. For real?? Yes. This is a big deal.

Ok, let's talk about this:

Some days I get really annoyed. Sometimes I'm tired. Every now and then (believe it or not) I am kind of rude because I just don't have any more room to be compassionate and kind. And some days (like today) I wake up just feeling good and happy and like everything is beautiful and funny. But no matter what kind of day it is, I have friends, mentors, a job, a purpose, and a whole group of people I get to love on. No matter what kind of day it is I get to spend my days with some of the best kids in the world. I'm serious. We expect a lot from them and they step up to the plate. And sometimes my heart breaks and sometimes it is filled to overflowing, but His blessings are new each day. And prayers are always answered.

And get this:

In a few weeks we get to skip out of town with these lovely kids for a four day trip to San Diego. We get to drive out of town and breathe in the sea air and go on adventures together. How awesome is that?

So I'm going to repeat the words that never get old. I am going to keep saying these words because my goodness, especially when things get hard, they are so so very true.

God is faithful.
He is so much more than good to us. 
He is love and patience and beauty. 

And what better life could there be than the one serving Him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce