Thanksgiving Blessings

I can't believe that at the end of this month I will be standing next to my husband. . . husband. I truly can't wrap my mind around it. It feels so dreamy I swear that if you wake me up I will be so mad. I never want this reality to end. God is so incredibly good. Man, He just knows what we need when we need it. I should be better about trusting Him after seeing Him in action like this. It's all so good. 

I have to admit it has been quite the journey. Selflessness is not my nature. But every day I love Cameron more and every day that leads me to want to serve him more. A good reflection of our relationship with Christ, isn't it? The more we get to know Him, the more we love Him, the more we want to serve Him. Crazy how God gives us such a picture of our relationship with Him through the imperfect relationship with another human. God's a clever fella.

At any rate, as Cameron and I begin our lives together we have the privilege to begin as "mom and dad" and "auntie and uncle" to some of the coolest and most amazing teenagers on the planet. It has been such a light of my life to see my ministry transform into our ministry. We get to have cool experiences together like picking up of our kids for Thanksgiving this year, with all of Cameron's family. When I picked him up at his house he had had a redbull and 2 cookies for breakfast. Thank goodness we had better meals ahead!

It was the greatest joy to bring him through the door as our surrogate son. He is one cool kid and we really enjoy our time with him. One of my favorite quotes was when we were walking back up the stairs to my apartment after being filled up with deliciousness. As I mentioned the problem with the fact that I was carrying everything he exclaimed, "Like father, like son! We both leave mom to carry everything!"

What a privilege to be an example of family for him. What a task set before us to be the father and mother that he wants to emulate. What a blessing to have him and so many others as our sons, daughters, nephews, and nieces as we enter into marriage.

You know what they say. . . the more the merrier! And we welcome any of these kids that choose to walk alongside us in life. I guess I had quite a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. :)

Our "family" picture after Thanksgiving. Love this kid! 
God is so so so good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce