Typhoid, Rabies, and Mosquitos..Oh my!

Update on all things India:

It is getting closer to my departure date so I am putting the finishing touches on getting ready. It is taking a lot more preparation than I had predicted! Today I traveled to the big city of Atlanta and met with a travel doctor. I really recommend this if you are traveling out of the country. It was very informative and productive.

So I am proud to say that I am now vaccinated against Polio, Hepatitis A, and Typhoid Fever. I have also been instructed to stay away from all animals, no matter how cute, and to cover myself in deet in order to not get Japanese Encephalitis. (It is as scary as it sounds). Let's just say that I will have a forcefield of protection around me made of vaccines, an inordinate amount of deet, and fear.

My support raising is coming along great. It has been unbelievable to see the generosity of people around me. I love it because it is nothing I have done to deserve this- it is obviously the work of the Lord! I always love to see the Lord come through financially, and in such little time too!

I also recently watched Gordon Ramsey travel to Southern India on BBC America in order to educate myself on what I would be eating. The travel doctor thought it was very weird when she asked if I had researched India and where I was going and I said, "No, not really." haha, I guess I should have mentioned my education from Gordon. She also winced when she asked what I would be doing with all my time and I said, "I'm not exactly sure." Maybe should have been more prepared for that appointment...

All in all things are going so well. Thanks to everyone for their interest, their support, and their love for me and this journey. In a little over two weeks these blog posts will be from India! woohoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce