The Pages of 2013

Well, another year has come and gone and a new one has begun. 2013 seemed to slip in rather quietly, with barely a whoop or a holler. With just a few close friends, a hymn, and a prayer, 2012 was no more and I realized just how quickly time seems to roll by.

On New Year's Day, after watching the Rose Parade on Colorado Boulevard, I went with a few friends to the beach. As they wandered around I sat on a blanket, bundled up and slightly chilly, watching the sun set and listening to the ocean roll in and out of the shore. I felt so at peace being surrounded by His majesty, and I prayed that this next year would be centered around Him and Him alone. I want to trust, to love, to be kind, to be intentional, because He is all those things for me. I want to spend more time in His Word and in prayer, hoping that His characteristics will rub off on me. Hoping that I can lead a better life, a kinder life, and a life that impacts those around me.

Looking back 2012 was an interesting year, one that I don't think will be be remembered. But 2013 holds promise, intrigue, mystery, and change. 2013 has the potential to be like a good book, one that you can't put down, where you simultaneously want to go back and relive the earlier pages but you can't wait to see what surprises the ending holds. Whatever the pages of 2013 bring I hope to hold on to each word with joy and anticipation, because I know that each paragraph is a stepping stone to something greater. Each chapter is forming me to be who I am made to be.

Come to think of it, I am now rather excited for 2013. Let the games begin!

Where I spent New Year's day. How can you not feel at peace sitting amongst such beauty? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce