Heading into Portlandia

Tomorrow I head out to a city I have always wanted to visit: Portland, Oregon. If that weren't exciting enough, I am heading there to participate in the wedding of a most precious friend. Some people don't like weddings. I love them. Adore them really. I fall in love with all of the romance and pretty flowers. I'm hopeless. 

Seeing as this is the 8th wedding that I have been a part of (there is a phrase my mother sometimes says involving the words "always" and "never" that we will refrain from using here), I have a plethora of great memories involving my friends marrying the love of their life. 

I'm reminded of returning from Spain to a Georgia that had completely changed while I was gone as I (the tallest in the wedding party) walked with the smallest in the wedding party down the aisle. I am brought back to the first time I became BFF with my Great-Aunt Ruth (she is a legend) and the time I got to solve all the problems of the day simply by having pockets. I am reminded of the dance parties and the late nights and the chance meetings with John Travolta (for real, that happened). And mostly I am left thankful for so many wonderful people in my life and for the joys that I have gotten to be a part of. 

What a joy it is to witness the joy of others. 

So for the next few days I am forgetting the worries of the world and my job and my life and I am going to pretend that the worries of this wedding are the only things of importance. I am going to cheer my most amazing and accomplished friend down the aisle as we rejoice in God's immense and incredible love. And I am going to wear a pretty dress and twirl around and it is going to be the most wonderful wedding Portland has ever seen. 

So there you have it. 

That is my plan. So world, I will see you on Monday, when I return to the potential of lactose-intolerance and other worrying uncertainties (seriously, all I eat is cheese and chocolate so if this is a thing in my life, my world will be crushed. Crushed!). 

Until then, enjoy all the beauty within your lives and soak up all the good you find around you! God is always good. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce