A Post about Jeff

When you go through a divorce, so much is public. Heck, hundreds of people watched you make vows to another person and less than two years later you have to announce that it has crashed and burned. No matter how kind and understanding people are, you are wrought with the shame of the situation. It is embarrassing to be sure, no matter what the reasons behind the divorce were.

So when I started dating Jeff, I found myself keeping much of our relationship close to my chest. We all know I love him and he is incredible, but I have found myself resisting the desire to write about our love in detail.

I have had such public pain and hardship. Now I seem to want to protect my joy and happiness within the walls of my own home and heart.

But I will tell you this:

Jeff is perhaps the best human I've ever met. 

He is perfect in his imperfections.
He is pure of heart and kind in spirit.
He is a hard worker, a precious gift giver, a servant who has the patience of a saint.

He loves me as much as I love him and our love for one another grows every day. I have taught him how to dance silly in the kitchen and he has taught me how to let go of my worries and settle my fears. He is gentle with my emotions and he strengthens me as a woman, a cancer survivor, and a Christian.

He is, I believe, the best thing to ever happen to me.

I did not truly know or understand the beauty of mutual love and respect until Jeff came into my life. He has turned my world to color. He has brought me immeasurable joy.

Perhaps in the days to come I will detail more of our story to my readers. Perhaps I will tell you of the myriad ways that he has shown me love.

But for now?

For now I will simply let the details of our relationship settle softly into the lining of my own tattered heart.

Comments

  1. Beautiful Meredeth, just like you❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many women can relate to your heartache and I pray even more can relate to your joy.
    I do not know you - but I am a divorced woman who remarried the most amazing man.
    There is hope for all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Michelle! I was desperate for any stories of women who found love again after heartbreak when my husband left. I am so happy to now have a story of hope and so glad to hear that you have found joy and love too!!

      Delete
  3. Jeff is quite remarkable. Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing. very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some very good people in New Mexico -- so glad you found one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, sweet Meredith. I just talked to your mom and she told me how to find your blog. I look forward to more posts!!! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not unknown..... lol...... It's Aunt Debi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce