The Start of Something Beautiful

Two weeks ago I was in a bottomless pit of despair (yes, slightly dramatic). It was the kind of place where creepy fish like these live:


It was pretty scary and hopeless. But two weeks later, God has changed everything. I went from no options- no job, no mission opportunities, nothing- to a complete plan within two weeks. I had been praying for a month for the Lord to "open doors." It was all I asked, and that is what He did. Did He open the doors I expected? Nope. Not even close. He opened a door for me to spend a month in India (say what!?) and then He opened the door for me to move to Pasadena, California (seriously!?) to attend Fuller Theological Seminary for the next two years (graduate school, God? I said I would never go!) And here is the thing- I could not be more thrilled.

In fact, I am EXCITED! I am excited for these adventures and I have no doubt that this is exactly where the Lord wanted me. He closed all other doors and led me straight down HIS path, not my own. Needless to say it has been a pretty crazy two weeks.

Thanks to the Lord I am no longer in the bottomless pit of despair. I am now headed to this:

 And this:




That looks a lot better doesn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce