As the Rain Replenishes the Earth

It has been a rainy few days in Georgia. The sky is grey, the weather cold, and I am perhaps at my happiest. I love cloudy days. The smell of the air, the feel of the breeze, it reminds me of school days and the cozy stay-at-home days. Rainy days, in fact, are my favorite days.

And just as the rain replenishes the earth, so has my soul been replenished this week. Last week my heart was wrapped up in the sadness and the disappointment of this broken world. It had been wrapped so tightly that it had lost sight of its purpose and its hope. But God is patient, and in the midst of the heartbreak He waited, and in His time, He shone through. He broke through all the junk that I had wrapped my heart in and unraveled all of the lies and the falsehoods that had clouded my view.

And all at once the clouds broke. The sun began to shine in my soul again, and I remembered who my Rock is. I remembered the One who makes the rain fall and the thunder roar. I was reminded that where Christ is, there is restoration and faithfulness. He loves and takes care of me, as He always has. I had simply lost sight of that in the clouds. And as He shone through all the sadness of a broken world, He gave me a picture of His beauty and the joy of being in His presence. For where Christ is:

"Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet;
   righteousness and peace will kiss each other.
Faithfulness will spring up from the ground,
  and righteousness will look down from the sky.
The LORD will give what is good,
  and our land will yield its increase.
Righteousness will go before him,
  and will make a path for his steps."
        Psalm 85:10-13

May these words ring true in our hearts this week, despite the rain and hardships we may face. May we always remember that His goodness never fails, even when our view makes it hard to see. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce