Put on your dancing shoes...things just got GOOD.

Mmmhmm Mmmhmmm mmmhmmm. That's right. I feel like dancing. I feel like jumping onto the roof and yelling to the world that our God is GOOD! (Can I get an amen?) Let me tell you, let me tell you what has got me dancing in the halls until my brother shuts the door!

I had two meetings at my home church about raising support for my work with the Apache this morning. It was such a joy to get to share with so many loving people, and it was such a blessing to receive their questions and encouragement. It was a good morning.

So tonight, I'm minding my own business, reading a novel instead of doing my homework online, and all day I have just left the phone upstairs because I figured no one would call and I didn't really need it. So upstairs I come, bugging my brother, complaining about the dogs, you know, normal "emerging adult returns home" stuff and I see I have a voicemail. I obligingly go through the other voicemails that have sat neglected in my inbox for weeks and finally reach the one from the number I don't recognize.

And here it is. The call. The call that says that the verdict is in and support amounts of been figured out. I waited with eager anticipation...and boy oh boy! Let me tell you! It was goooood. It was more than good! It was more than I could have imagined, or hoped for! It was an answer to the verse I had been praying through all morning, that God would "meet all my needs according to the riches of his glory in Jesus Christ" (Philippians 4:19). I cannot remember the last time I was that excited and that happy. With this one call I was bumped from 1/6 of the way to my fundraising goal to 1/2 of the way there! In addition, current needs in support raising expenses and moving expenses were paid for. Even now I am worried that I heard wrong...because really, could this be real? Could the prayers have payed off and God blessed me more than I ever expected?

I'm reeling, I really am. I am just so pumped because God has shown me His provision and His blessing. Even more than that, throughout this last week He has shown me that I am not going to do this work alone. People are behind me, they believe in this mission and they are partnering with me to go on this field. It is such affirmation, and I am so excited to see what God has in store next.

I am being blessed to be a blessing, and I can't wait to see how the rest of this journey will come together. We are halfway there folks!

Praise be to God, for He is good....ALL the time!  

Comments

  1. ...i am holding on to my hat...praising God...and dancing with you!...love you elaine/ccww

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Always Stuck In an Airport

Faith Within Suffering