A Big Tub of Love

If there is one joy in a wedding it is the love.

The love between a boy and a girl, the love between their families, the love of their friends.

Beyond all else, this was the most moving piece of our wedding day. 

The love made possible by our Savior was an aura throughout the event. It was as if a light shone from each person and into the world around us. I'm telling you as I look back this light of love permeated souls and made hearts swell (and I am not even being dramatic here. Ask anyone who was there). It was brilliant and beautiful and profound and it struck our hearts in a way that will impact us for years.

I am still overwhelmed by the love that emanated from that most wonderful day.

For Cameron and I, we have chosen to live in a small town in the mountains of Arizona in order to be faithful to the ministry God has called us to. A by-product of this has been finding it harder to have deep friendships that aren't the lovely teenagers we spend most of our time with. After a year of hard times, of feeling lonely and yet having each other, of struggling to find our place in this town that God has called us to, we arrived in Georgia to some of our closest friends all in one place. And trust me, being together with that many people who love us, it felt like coming home.

My goodness how we laughed for those few days. It came from deep down in our souls as we sat in the Bed and Breakfast we had rented with so many of the people we love so much, the ones who we don't often get a chance to see. Staying up way later than we intended simply because we refused to leave the fun, we basked in this unique opportunity to be surrounded by so much love. By the end of our time together our bellies ached and our cheeks hurt from smiling so much. It's the good kind of hurt though, the kind you never want to stop.

The fact that they were all there struck us with such love-force. Our friends had joined us from California, Indiana, Maryland, and Georgia to celebrate the love we had found in each other, and the love within these relationships was even more profound as our time together progressed and they supported us at every step.

And get this! Even more beauty was found in the fact that our friends began to fall in love with each other! (they were all there with their husbands and wives, so I mean this is an exciting friendship sense, not in a our-friends-will-marry-our-friends way). Our friends became friends and the laughter abounded and my goodness, it brought life to any place that we entered.

So as I stood on the stage of the sanctuary, looking into my eyes of the love of my life, I took a second to bask in the beauty of the moment. There was something so special about knowing that 4 girls were standing behind me with just as much excitement for this moment, a moment that God had made possible.

There is a movie called Stardust about a girl who is a fallen star and when she gets happy she glows. During our ceremony I felt like we were all glowing, a light of love, as we treasured this most important moment.

A big tub of love. That's what my mom called our wedding. And I would say that is a pretty accurate description. So many people stepped up to make it possible, and I am still filled to overflowing with all the goodness and joy. And as I wake up each morning next to my husband I am happier than I have ever been in my life. Because God has blessed me with more love than I could ever contain. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce