Week 1 in Dallas

Well ya'll, four days ago I officially moved to Dallas! For my second move to a new state within ten months I hopped in my car and drove twelve hours back out west on my own. Sometimes I step back and it hits me that this has been one crazy year. With multiple cross-country moves, huge life changes, and a smattering of different jobs, it has been quite the year of change!

Thankfully, this move has been easy in almost every way. I signed a lease on an apartment I had never seen and when I arrived I found that it was perfect. The right size, the right amenities, and a beautiful view, I had stumbled upon my perfect oasis in the city.

I began work on Tuesday to find that I love the staff, the organization is healthy, and the kids are phenomenal. After one afternoon I felt like I had been there for years. Even though it was a new set of kids and I have so much to learn about this organization, I have felt so at home every day this week.

What has been so amazing to me about this move is that it has been filled with joy and peace.

For the last four and a half years I have been stressed out and unsettled. Each year could bring crazy changes, there were no healthy boundaries, and the stress was unreal. I had a lot of joy in the last 4.5 years too, but they were pretty tough years.

So it is no small thing that for the first time in years, I found myself completely without stress or anxiety. I moved halfway across the country and started a brand new job, and all I have felt is complete and utter peace and serenity. It is amazing. It is such a settling thing to feel like you have finally found a place to call home. 

There are challenges ahead, that is for sure. And I may only know how to get to three places in this whole city. But for being four days in, I would say that everything is exceeding expectations in the most divinely beautiful way.

Moving to Dallas was certainly unexpected, but I am starting to believe that this is the best decision I've made in years. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce