The Open Roads

The open roads are calling my name. It just takes one adventure and you are hooked. It is like a string attached to your insides. Every few months it begins to tug at your heart, like on a schedule. Your heart slowly starts beating in your chest towards the road. And then your mind moves there too. You can smell the fresh air whipping through the open car window. You can see the landscapes, feel the adrenaline, the adventure. Now your whole body has caught on. Your legs keep twitching, nudging you to just get up and go. Your brain stops focusing and your hands keep taking to packing. Your stomach, your heart, your feet, say go! Go to the road! Take a trip. Your heart beats loudly you need this, you need this, you need this. But one part of you stays sane. One part of you says softly amid the beating and the moving, not yet. Your time will come again. Stick it out. Not yet. So I put away the suitcase, I take a deep breath and release the string attached to my heart, and my legs sigh, giving up on their nagging for now. As I begin to focus on the day at hand I will comply, I will try to find the adventure in the day, but I know the truth. The truth is that next time, when my heartstrings pull like clockwork, I won't resist. 

Comments

  1. ...i understand...i understand...sometimes you just have to yell "road trip"...and go!...even if it is only to buy an ice cream cone (chocolate of course)...so grab a friend and go...and you don't even need a suitcase...i love you sweet little sister...hugs elaine/ccww

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Always Stuck In an Airport

Faith Within Suffering