The beauty of a word.

"My heart will sing no other name, Jesus. Jesus, I'm running to your arms. The riches of your love will always be enough. Nothing compares to your embrace. Light of the world forever reign."
-Forever Reign sung by Kristian Stanfill

I think words are amazing. The breadth of the human language is incredible to me. There are all of these amazing words that you can just pick out of the air. Words that describe the exact pinpoint of a feeling, emotion or situation. A word like effervescent or gumption. What about the word propinquity or scintillating? They are so beautiful, aren't they? They just make me excited! Sometimes it is as if I know there is a word out there, a magnificent word that expresses by exact sentiment, but I just can't put my finger on it. The curse of a limited vocabulary. Sometimes I use a word I did not even realize I knew. Its like someone just gave me a present and when it opens up. . . oh I love it.

This is what is amazing to me. God gave us the ability to have all these amazing words in our language that can conjure up so much meaning. He let us be so creative in our language.

But there are a few words, ones that are pretty common, that mean more than any of the others. Words like,  Jesus. Savior. Prince of Peace. Lord. Roll those on your tongue for a moment. Close your eyes and picture them. Jesus. Perhaps it is the most powerful word or name on my tongue. For when that word comes to mind I feel peace. I feel longing yet contented. I feel safe.

The human vocabulary. It is amazing isn't it? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce