Reality is no fun.

I have a lot to do. I have a lot to do because it is the end of the quarter and I had a crying baby all day and I am moving tomorrow. I have a lot to do because I have procrastinated and I have gotten lost in the imaginary world of television and because I blog instead of writing papers. And in this moment I will tell you what it is that I really want to do. I would like to disappear. Not in the scary way where I am invisible or someone takes me and we don't know where I went, but in the turn-off-all-the-media-and-inhabit-an-island-for-a-week kind of disappear. I want to turn off my phone and the internet (who controls the internet anyways?) and lose all responsibilities. I want to turn off communication and fly to an island, or Europe, or someplace where there is good food and nice weather. Or even snow. Maybe I will take some of my close friends with me, but you guys have to turn everything off too. We won't talk about school, or work, or the best way to take care of babies. We won't talk about bills or internet companies or why I am so connected to my email and not my schoolwork. Instead we will talk about silly things like the best flavor margarita or our favorite cathedrals. We will go where we want and sleep in late. We won't worry, about anything.


Yes, that is what I really want to do. But first I should probably start working on these papers. Reality stinks. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Always Stuck In an Airport

Faith Within Suffering