The Open Roads and a Fierce Sense of Independence

And she is off!

I have officially become an independent, solo road-trip-taking kind of girl. I must say I feel very accomplished. My summer adventure has started and this morning I set out for Arizona. I have to tell you that I was not quite as confident when I left my apartment as I am now. I got quite shaky as I finished packing and I had to sit down and stop freaking out. Thankfully I have a blissfully nice roommate who talked some sense into me, prayed for me, and sent me on my way. 20 minutes in and I was loving it. I was cruising down the open roads, alternating between a riveting audio book and some sweet tunes. The roads had beckoned me and there I was, just me and the hills. As I drove through wind farms and endless desert I thought ah, this is the life. After 200 miles of desert I did get a little bored, but I was still pleased with my journey. My favorite sighting of the drive was a sign that said "State Prison next exit" with a sign under it that read "Do not pick up hitchhikers." haha, thanks for the warning!

So I made it to Mesa! With a kindly packed snack bag and the resolve of a women bent on adventures I made it to Mesa without any problems. I now have two days here with my dear friend Cassie and then on Tuesday morning I will head to the reservation. I won't have any cellphone service once I get to the reservation so I will be relying on email, Facebook, and my sweet blog to communicate with everyone. Once I get permission I will post my mailing address at the rez too so that we can all enjoy the sweet rewards of snail mail if we so choose.

Keep me in your prayers as I prepare for being at the reservation. I know God has big plans for this summer and I cannot wait to see them unfold. Until next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Always Stuck In an Airport

Faith Within Suffering