I Might Bleed Blue and Green..

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself." Amelia Earhart

So last week I was here: 

Pretty amazing right? 
And this week I was here: 

Ahhh Blackbird Coffee in Milledgeville. How I love thee. 

I have been so blessed to have a week at home before I leave again for my next adventure. Yesterday I went back to my Alma Mater for a 24 hour whirlwind marathon of friendship. From the hours I spent in Blackbird Coffee, to dinner with close friends, to the Intramural Fields and Bell Hall, it was wonderful to be back at Georgia College. I think I might have GC blood running through my veins. It was really bittersweet to be back, because it made me realize how much I really love everyone there. At the end of the day I was exhausted (because let's face it, I haven't really talked to many people in a month!) but it was in a way like when you have eaten a really great meal and feel perfectly tired, full and content. I was kind of remorseful that I did not have unlimited time to spend with each person but it was so nice to get a little time with everyone. 
I realized what is special about many friendships at GC is that we all do life together. We share in the joys, the sorrows, the important things and the less than important things. We are bound together by the great love of our Savior and we all have a love for each other that might not make sense to the outside world. We are bound together by something deeper and more significant than anything on the earth, and that makes our friendships so special. 

So this is a tribute to all my Georgia College friends and acquaintances out there. No matter how far away I move, I will always love and care about each of you. I hope to be invested in your lives for many years to come, and really for eternity. Each of you are a blessing, an encouragement, and a sweet joy in my life, whether we were friends for four years or four days. 

I'll miss you Georgia College!

For all of you that have friends near or far, today remember them in prayer. Give them a phone call and share in life with them, no matter the distance or time that has passed.  

As for TOMORROW. THE ROAD TRIP BEGINS. You all can expect thrilling daily updates from each leg of our journey. I am sure there will be plenty of wit, insight, and some great pictures. Until then! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Always Stuck In an Airport

Faith Within Suffering