A Snapshot of My Life

 I have been meaning to take pictures of Pasadena to post for everyone to see but I have yet to find the time to do that. So I thought I would give you a snapshot of what I saw as I went walking downtown today.

My apartment:
                             Tall, square and mauve
             The box-like buildings lie against a backdrop of perfectly blue sky.
Like a speckled robin's egg the blue is punctuated with storybook clouds, fluffy and round.
                     Behind the buildings and sky are the mountains.
                          They look close enough to touch.
          Desert mountains looming into the sky, so defined and caring,
                                                                     the guards on watch over the city.
The mountains are always what strike me with awe.
I have never seen such mountains sitting contentedly on the edge of a city.

The city:
My goodness, am I in Spain?
City hall rises above the skyline like a cathedral of Europe.
The most splendid architecture with the mountains behind. 
And tucked beside it is the church.
It may have been picked up by God
out of the British countryside
and plopped down into Pasadena.
The grey stone, the green courtyard, and the beautiful tree
It draws you in with a welcoming whisper. 


Pictures to come soon :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce