A Thankful Thanksgiving Post

So tonight I was in my cohort (a small group of students I meet with each week and share in life with) and we were asked to share what we are thankful for. This is a typical Thanksgiving question that I always love, and when it came to me I shared what first came to mind, and I actually got quite emotional. Now I thought this was very weird. Who gets teary-eyed when saying what they are thankful for?? But I realized that what I was saying must mean a lot more to me than I had thought. I did not realize its importance until I shared with my group and my heart exploded in front of them, overcome with how thankful I truly was. So here goes my Thanksgiving post, as I wanted to share it with whoever reads this little bloggity-blog.

This is what I told them I was thankful for:

I am so thankful for my friends and community back home. It was hard to move out to Pasadena and leave my community, especially because a lot of you are still at Georgia College. But you all have been so supportive of my move out here and have made a great effort to still stay in touch with me and share in life with me. I can count on hearing from you guys every week and you still call to share in your joys and sorrows, just like when I lived down the street. I have great Christian brothers at home and even they have mentioned that they are excited for me to come home, and this means a lot to my heart. The way that all of my friends have stayed in touch and kept me in the loop has meant so much because it has made me see that I am not alone out here. I don't have to be lonely because you all are actively involved in my life and you love me no matter how far away I live. You guys have made me feel like I am still a part of your lives and it is that effort that has made this whole transition doable.

I love you guys with all my heart. These words cannot even express the half of how thankful I am to have you in my life. The way you guys have been since I moved here means the world to me and it has made all the difference. I would not trade you for anything and this Thanksgiving I will praise God because He gave me the best friends a girl could ask for. Thank you guys for loving me and for enriching each day of my life.

Proverbs 17:17
friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce