Take Heart!

Wow. Things are getting real. With 1.5 weeks left in Pasadena I am about to be in a whirlwind of life and activities. I am so excited to go home to Georgia for a few days but packing for home also means I am getting a lot closer to heading to the reservation for 2 months. I just talked with the girl on the AYM team there and she gave me some more details regarding my stay. I will be staying with a family on the rez that has a few kids and the girl on staff for AYM living there too. Sarah is giving me her bed, which is so nice, and I feel so blessed that this family is willing to take me in and make their household a little more crowded for a few months! It feels like such hospitality and I am so thankful for their kindness. I also learned that our trip to Missouri (a loooooong trip!) for the Warrior Summit Leadership Conference is going to involve one BIG bus with students from a few different reservations and an all night long bus ride. I am thrilled! How FUN will that be? Sarah said that I am basically going to be running (hopefully not literally) from the moment I step onto the reservation and I cannot wait. What a summer I am in store for! Desert here I come!

I feel like I have been waiting to go to the reservation since I first set foot at Fuller and I cannot believe it is coming to fruition. So much that I have learned in my classes has proved applicable for my journey with the Apache and I am hopeful to learn from the people I meet and put into practice some of the things I have learned and realized.

Life is full of ups and downs, and there has been pain and heartache in these weeks. I have been in daily prayer for our friend Kirsten who is dealing with a brain injury. I have cried for classmates who have lost their fathers, and sometimes it can all be overwhelming. But I always try to remember that God has already saved this world. He has overcome it and He will return one day to finally hold us in His arms. Until that day I feel blessed to be a part of His mission, and I feel so glad that He has given me opportunities to serve, no matter how inadequate I am.

"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Comments

  1. ...my prayers are already waiting for you on the resevation...and Jesus is waiting for you too...but then...He lives there...i love you...hugs and blessings elaine/ccww

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you, meredith. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Always Stuck In an Airport

Faith Within Suffering