A Tribute to Brooks Isaac (not The Hunger Games kind of tribute)

Yesterday, a baby was born. A beautiful baby boy. I know babies are born every day but this baby was special because we had all been waiting for him. And because yesterday, one of my dearest friends Koral became a mom. I have seen a lot of babies in my life but this is the first time one of my close friends has become a mother, and I have to tell you, when I laid eyes on that picture of his red little face I melted. Immediately, I loved him. Maybe it is because I really love his mommy or maybe it is knowing that I will probably try and convince her to tell him I am his aunt. Or maybe it is simply the joy of knowing that she created that sweet little thing. I don't know. But I do know that I am going to be just another person wrapped around his little baby fingers, no matter how many miles we are apart.


So sweet little Brooks Isaac, I know you can't hold your head up, let alone read my blog, but I want you to know that you have the best parents in the world. In years to come they will take you on so many adventures, and one day you should ask your mom to tell you the story of when she made me run in the same street with a bull. She is really fun like that, although she might not let you be so risky. But one thing I do know is that she and your dad will always love you. And I am sure you will be always be so styling and fun.


Baby Brooks I want you to know how excited the world is that you are here. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce