Back-Up Plans

Everyone should have a back-up plan. In fact, I think everyone should have a back-up plan for the back-up plan, because, at least in my experience, plan 1 and 2 usually go straight to the trash chute. Recently I came up with a back-up plan that I thought was pretty flawless. 


If all else fails, I will become a nun who herds sheep in the mountains of Northern Spain...or the Alps.


I thought this sounded like a pretty great back-up plan! But alas, it has been tested and found wanting. My dear Jess showed me the err of my plan. 


1. Nuns don't dance. How can I live life without a good dance party every now and then?? Life isn't worth it without a few good dance moves. 


2. Nuns have to wear the same thing every day. Not to mention habits don't come in bright colors or patterns. Indeed, this would be a problem for me.


3. You can pet a sheep and you can love a sheep, but a sheep won't talk back. Apparently the general consensus is that I would go nuts without people to talk to. (me? Like to talk? nooooo....)


Picture it now: Meredith, as the dancing nun in her multicolored habit, running through the hills talking to her beloved sheep.


Yea, now that I think about it. . .


I think I need a new back-up plan. 


Comments

  1. ...well now... what is it...that at one time or the other...has made every protestant female think about being a nun...i came along long before sally field was flying around...but we all were definitely in love with the life (and voice) of julie andrews aka maria... nuns just seemed so mysterious...and there was nothing mysterious about being a baptist...alas...i too had to realize...that there was no way i could go without talking...i mean i will stop a tree stump and talk...but i think maybe the Lord has other plans for you (and me...a real and forever work in progress)...one where you share your Love for the Shepherd...and His sheep...come to think of it...they come in all sizes and shapes and colors...He has them all waiting for you...and i am willing to bet He lets you wear those cute boots... dance to your heart's content (even baptist get to dance today)...and talk about Him all you want...whatever His back up plan is...it is going to fit you perfectly...and you are going to love it...i love you much elaine/ccww

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Always Stuck In an Airport

Faith Within Suffering