A Spirituality of Transformation


The other say in class we learned about Desmond Tutu, an incredible man from South Africa. This was a quote that I found particularly beautiful. Maybe it will speak to someone who reads it. 
Hopefully this week I will be able to give you all news of my next adventure. I must say that God seems to always have something interesting in store for me. 


“Dear child of God,
I am sorry to say that suffering is not optional. It seems to be part and parcel of the human condition, but suffering can either embitter or ennoble. Our suffering can become a spirituality of transformation when we understand that we have a role in God’s transfiguration of the world.” 
-Desmond Tutu 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Always Stuck In an Airport

Faith Within Suffering