The Still Small Voice

All the time I ask to hear God's voice clearly. Come on!  I think, This would all be easier if You just told me directly what You want!
Well today I have been thinking. I have been thinking about if I am where I am supposed to be, if I should quit Fuller and go to Spain, if I should be in Spain now. . .basically I have the Europe grassisgreenerontheotherside syndrome. So I decided that as my sweet baby I nanny went down for his nap I would sit down and have it out with God. I was prepared for a full out battle/complain/demand session. I wanted answers! So I sat down and began to journal.

God, 
What is it that you want from me? Where do you want me to be? Wh..


As soon as I wrote the second question a still small voice in the back of my head spoke. Now I know when the voice is not my own. And this is the answer that I heard:
Right where you are.
That is what He said. Right where you are. Funny how I always want God to answer me and when He does I am kind of annoyed. I was so prepared to have it out for a couple pages and He silenced me after the first line. You can't really argue when you have heard Him give so clearly an answer.

So I guess that is it. I guess God wants me to be right where I am. I guess I have to be content, have peace, and just wait for my next instructions. Because this is apparently where God wants me right now and who can dispute the One who answers when we call? 

Comments

  1. Being completely present in the moment is hard to do. wanting exactly what you have is the secret to contentment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endings and Beginnings

Faith Within Suffering

Five Years After the Divorce