Monday, January 23, 2012

A Tug on My Heartstrings

I have recently been keeping up with a blog that is written by an old friend's mom. This family recently adopted two siblings from Russia. It is really a rather inspiring story. Yesterday as I was catching up on my blog reading I clicked on the link to the site where children are listed as waiting for adoption. These children all either have disabilities or are HIV positive. I began to read story after story, description after description of these sweet and amazing children who have not yet been given the chance to reach their full potential. A few of them have been on my heart for days, and I can't rid my mind of their faces.

Follow this link and you can see a brief description of these sweet children. They are described as very close siblings, and one of them is HIV positive. Everything in me wishes I had the means to adopt Alyssa and Yates. It breaks my heart that they don't yet have a family. These kids are all I can think about these days!

Then there is this cutie:

Arnold has Down's Syndrome and from the description found here it looks like he has amazing potential if given a family who loves him. The site states that if he does not find a family by July then he will be put in an institution. It seems that when children with disabilities reach a certain age they get taken out of the orphanage and placed in an institution, where it is likely very difficult for them to reach their full potential.


I admit writing this post out of a bit of ignorance, but these children have gripped my heart. I don't know a lot about International adoption, but I do know that these are real children that need loving families, children I would take in a heartbeat if I could. I guess this is a moment for us to thank God for the children we have and know that are healthy and that are loved. And for me, it is a moment where I realize that one day I hope to be able to be a family to someone like Alyssa, Yates, and Arnold.

God, I pray this earnestly with all of my heart. Please find a family for these children, a family that will love them through all the hard times and the challenges. Take care of them and all of the other children without a proper family tonight. Hold them tight God. Give them hope. Open the hearts of those able to bring them into their families around the world. Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. ...somtimes one need only to whisper...amen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...somtimes one need only to whisper...amen...

    ReplyDelete